Saturday, November 22, 2014

Breaking Free By SM KOZ Review


Breaking Free is a young adult novel by SM KOZ. It is an e-book. 

I don't want to give a lot away, because this is a very good book & I had a hard time putting it down.


The story is about 16 year old Kelsie. She has lost her best friend in a car accident & feels it is her fault. Kelsie turns to cutting to deal with her grief. Once her step mother finds out, she is shipped off to a wilderness program. She tries to get sent home from day one, but after so long she gives in & starts to bond with most of the others that are also there. She bonds the most with a boy he nicknames JC & the two become very close. They help each other grow. A storm hits while in the woods and everything changes. Does Kelsie use what she's learned to cope or does she end up going down hill again?

Over all, I enjoyed this book. I was hooked from the beginning. It really goes into detail on how some people deal with grief and depression. I would not suggest this book for ones under the age of 15 because of some of the scenes that take place in the book. There is talk of cutting, sexual situations and other violence.

Book reviews are not my strongest point. I end up wanting to do practically a book report & give everything away.


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment