Tuesday, November 18, 2014

L.A. Colors Grafix Eyeliner Review

On the way back from a mini trip to Pigeon Forge & Gatlinburg TN, we stopped at an "as seen on t.v." store. I picked up a few makeup items that I hadn't found at any other stores here. One of those items was an L.A. Colors Grafix Eyeliner. The lighting was a little off in the store & I though I got black, but I had gotten dark brown instead. To my surprise, I found more colors at Family Dollar! I haven't been in their store in a while & they a pretty nice selection of L.A. Colors cosmetics. I picked up 3 more, in teal, purple & black. I paid $2 each there, at the other store I paid $2.99. 


The first thing I noticed is that they do have an odd smell to them that is hard to explain. It does go away after a few minutes. The black & dark brown are true to the color of the cap, but the teal & purple are not to the color of the cap. The teal and purple are a lighter color & more of a metallic shade. The black & dark brown have a shine when they dry. They have a felt tip line a felt tip marker, but thinner, instead of a thin brush.

This helped the black & dark brown go on better, but it didn't help with the teal & purple.


 With flash.

Without flash.

I found that the black & dark brown were thicker & went on smoother. The teal & purple were thinner & needed 2 coats. I left the eyeliners on my hand & after a few hours, the teal & purple were starting to flake off, but the black & brown had not budged at all. Out of all of them, the black is my favorite. I would use the teal & purple for an eye shadow. I normally wear eyeliner on my water line, but I have not tried the black there. I tried the purple, but it did not work.


This is 2 coats of purple. Please excuse the stray hairs, I'm still learning with taking photos of myself without doing a "selfie". For only $2, I think they were worth trying. I would recommend the black the most to anyone who is looking for a new liquid eyeliner. The black also held up the best with an overnight test on my hand. It was still on with no flaking when I got up. If you have any questions, please leave me a comment:)

No comments:

Post a Comment